Hardware at Arm
With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware! From architecture definition to advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas.
Arm’s Solution Engineering team develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating brand new silicon test chips.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. As a creative technical director you will join a highly focused group where you will technically lead a subsystem design centre comprising of design and verification teams.
- Technically lead the discussions with other customers to review the subsystem microarchitecture for physical implementation readiness, PPA analysis and any standalone productization requirements
- Liaise and collaborate with the SoC development teams and performance analysis teams to evaluate and subsystem performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design and verification methodologies used by the team.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
- Provide effective leadership helping the group leadership team to build and develop a diverse inclusive local design centre by hiring, mentoring, coaching and talent management.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, partners and groups across multiple fields
Required Skills and Experience :
- Bachelors or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered.
- Experience of leading RTL design and verification teams for complex SoCs and ASIC products!
- Ability to understand configurable subsystem requirements and make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- In depth current knowledge in state of art tools required to build an optimised and configurable subsystem for various business needs.
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Show strong interpersonal and communication skills that are vital for success.
- We expect a professional, hardworking and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a commitment to extending the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs!
- Previous experience developing Software Built-In Self-Test is valued.
- Exposure to debugging netlist/gate level simulation.
- General understanding of RTOS (e.g. ThreadX, RTX) and Linux.
- Exposure to MISRA-C 2012 standard.
- Experience in fault injections tools and methodologies (e.g Z01X)
- Exposure to ISO26262 and/or IEC61508 and/or ASPICE functional safety standards and associated certification.
- Exposure to UVM or other industry standard verification methodologies
- Languages: Verilog, C/C++, Assembly language, Perl
- Verification Languages such as System Verilog.
- Strong understanding of CPU Architecture/micro-architectures.
- Should have team handling experience
- Strong understanding of basic computer architecture
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/ Assembly with experience in embracing software engineering standard methodologies.
- Familiar with verification process such as Test Plan development, Testcase development
- Familiarity of Unix / Linux working environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.