Experienced Verification Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting and daring role, with the possibility to work on the cutting edge of mobile GPU technology? Maybe looking to use your technical and leadership skills to help drive your career?
In 2006 Arm acquired Falanx, a small Norwegian start-up developing Graphics Processing Units. Today, the team has 200 employees in Norway with more than 30 different nationalities. Based in Trondheim, with additional offices around the world, we are expanding into Oslo in 2023.
The team develops Mali, the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor. The Arm Mali series of multimedia processors offers graphics solutions to drive the ultimate visual experience across a wide range of devices, scaling from entry-level mass market smartphones through to visually stunning, high-performance smartphones, Android OS-based tablets and SmartTVs. It has applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices.
We have a consistent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is an excellent opportunity for learning new things in a friendly and collaborative environment! Join a multinational, multifaceted and highly motivated software development group with great work ethics where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by exciting technical problems. If you like producing high-quality, high-performance software and solving sophisticated technical problems, then we would love to hear from you. By joining Arm, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the norm and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work here in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
We have a great opportunity for a highly motivated Staff Verification Engineer to join a fast-growing team and develop our next generation of performance / low power GPUs.
As an important member of our development team you'll predominantly be involved with employing constrained-random coverage driven simulation techniques using SystemVerilog and UVM. You'll be responsible for adopting new methodologies to improve how we do IP verification in collaboration with other experienced engineers across our team.
The role covers the development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. Your main day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Full ownership of verification from the test planning phase to project closure.
- Keeping verification environments up to date with the latest standard methodology and adopting new tools for maintaining a high level of code quality.
- Reviewing other team members' proposed changes to both RTL and verification code.
- Continuously improving the verification effort by keeping a keen eye on collected metrics, employing data science where possible to get the most out of each spent CPU cycle.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have a good understanding of constrained-random verification and experience from a suitably sophisticated verification environment.
- You're comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop re-usable verification components and are familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches as well as all other aspects of the verification process.
- Experience with SystemVerilog for verification of sophisticated design IP.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code by following OOP design principles.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to own all stages of a project to completion.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience with formal verification.
- Knowledge of graphics principles.
- Experience with scripting (Linux, Python).
- Knowledge of C / C++ / Java / C# / other high-level programming languages.
- Experience of formal sequential equivalence checking.
- Experience with Functional Safety aspects of Design / Verification, knowledge of ISO 26262
Working on interesting new projects is exciting, but we also know how important it is to receive support. We make sure you have regular time with your line manager who can offer ongoing support, feedback, and development opportunities. You will also be given flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your projects/tasks.
All Arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. We have flexible working hours and the opportunity for hybrid work.
Our benefits package in Norway includes private medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, one month sabbatical every 4 years, parental leave, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.