Formal Verification Engineer
In the fast-moving world of CPU Verification, Formal Methods are becoming crucial to the success of today's ever-accelerating development cycle.
ARM’s CPU Group is looking for engineers with experience in Formal Verification who desire to be at the cutting edge of applied formal methods. We are offering the chance to become part of a dedicated team that will deploy Formal on the next generation of CPU designs. This is an opportunity to influence design & verification decisions and shape the future of technology that will fuel billions of devices world-wide.
You will apply Formal Methods to CPU Units developed in the Bangalore/Other design centers, with the opportunity to collaborate with our global Formal Teams across ARM. The role entails investigating, creating, developing and deploying new Formal Verification techniques on live projects. You will use the industry’s best available tools and be in close contact with EDA tool vendors. You will work alongside ARM’s brightest formal experts to plan and implement Formal Verification to exceptional quality and will deliver to milestones for the CPU IPs across Arm.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 2+ years of experience in formal verification of digital hardware design
- Familiarity with formal methods (e.g. SVA, PSL, model checking, theorem proving)
- Awareness of Formal practices/apps/tools for functionally safe IPs suited for Automotive products is a plus.
- An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
- Familiarity with industry-standard formal verification tools
- Knowledge of hardware description and verification languages, such as VHDL, Verilog/ SystemVerilog, PSL
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Strong reasoning skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to understand and map abstract formal concepts onto designs
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills!
Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Understanding of the end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
- Experience in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL/shell programming
- Familiarity with model-checking techniques
- Exposure to invariants and abstractions
- Understanding of assume-guarantee reasoning
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.