Graduate CPU Verification Engineer
We are developing the next wave of compute technologies for future processors. The product we are recruiting for right now will introduce major breakthroughs in Digital Security, Machine Learning and as well as in Computer Vision, and will lead to the most innovative processor ever released. Interested in building the IP that will radically change the way mobile phones handle digital photography, enabling Neural Networks in any type of application, making the world more secure? Stop thinking and apply now!
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most alluring parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this outstanding design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
As Graduate Verification Engineer, you will integrate a team the role of which is to guarantee the correct functioning of the IP, focusing on its accurate functional behaviour in all possible conditions.
Would you like to work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment? Are you creative, innovative and passionate about new technologies? If so, we would love to hear from you, this is the right time and the best place to join.
You will be accountable for:
- Understanding the specification of the target IP;
- Defining and documenting the verification environment to find bugs in the design; plus specifying the verification sign-off criteria;
- Building and maintaining the testbench by using an appropriate methodology and programming language(s);
- Running tests to stress the design in its last corner cases and find all possible bugs.
Education & Qualifications
A good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
You preferably have (not mandatory) previous experience in functional verification or digital hardware design, or with formal methods (e.g. SVA, PSL, model checking, theorem proving.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of hardware design and verification
- Knowledge of hardware description and verification languages e.g. Verilog, VHDL, SystemVerilog, PSL
- Proficiency in algorithms and software programming
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL
- Communicating fluent English
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Formal verification tools and methods
- Understanding of the end to end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
- Experience with RTL and simulators
- Familiarity with ARM architectures and instruction sets
- Experience of Unix development environment
- Good level of French can be a good advantage
You will work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation IPs and CPUs. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers, be part of a growing, fast-paced, and lively team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work!
We have a friendly and high-performance working environment, where Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension and reduction in working hours (11 days).
More About Arm
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.