Graduate Engineer - CPU
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, sophisticated system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 200 billion groundbreaking Arm-powered processors.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. This fast-growing tech hub is known as the “Community of Innovation” due to the presence of semiconductor companies, space technology, groundbreaking trials for self driving cars and lot more. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, friendly, fiscally responsible community with exciting startups, large semiconductor presence and overall, an excellent place to live, play and work.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic and creative graduates to join Arm and help craft the future of technology by actively impacting the next generation of advancements in:
CPU Engineering: you'll be an integral part of the team focusing on CPU architecture, contributing to the specification, design, verification, and implementation of the next generation of Arm microprocessors.
We empower our hard-working individuals to work together as a team to push the boundaries of what is possible!
As a graduate engineer, you will be able to work closely with our hardworking and expert engineers to help design groundbreaking technology. You will gain knowledge and tackle challenges while being able to encounter opportunities to work on all aspects of product development.
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do approach and you commitment to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer orientation – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
Required Skills and Experience:
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program, on track to earn a degree in computer or electrical engineering, or a related field in May 2023
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Knowledgeable about computer architecture and microarchitecture concepts
- Programming languages: C, C++, Python, or Java
- Use of Linux/Unix
- Understanding of FPGAs and RTL design
- Knowledge of ARM architecture
- Knowledge of UVM and Verification fundamentals
Throughout the internship we’ll support you with continuous learning and development through a blend of on the job and formal training, mentoring and a knowledge network. Our program is designed to give you the best start possible and support your personal growth as well as professional development.
Application Closing Date: October 20th. We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
Intern Start Date: Between May and June 2024 (12 weeks)
We are aiming to complete our recruitment process and communicate application outcomes by December 10th.