Are you passionate about setting new standards in physical implementation? Are you interested in working for one of the most successful IP design companies in the world? Do you want to take part of designing the next groundbreaking GPU?
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of the Arm GPU group! The GPU group is at the forefront of advanced GPU IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets. You will join an international team of creative engineers working together to remain on the state of the art of IP and SoC development techniques. This successful team has been central to the development of recent graphics processors.
In this role you will be to influence RTL development whilst innovating, crafting and deploying the latest implementation techniques on live projects. You will provide the quality support that our customers desire and collaborate with them to develop the best products that help influence the world, and you will have the opportunity to drive EDA vendors on pioneering processes (eg. 5nm FinFET) whilst pushing the boundaries of power efficiency and influencing physical library development.
A wide range of learning opportunities and challenges will be available. You will also give the opportunity, if desired, to travel and work with our other teams.
- Physical implementation of Arm graphics processors using the entire implementation flow from RTL through place and route to STA
- Pursuing complex challenges like low power and methodologies for improving the efficiency of implementation
- To understand, plan and address the life-cycle phases of engineering projects
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to support the launch of new products
- Supporting our customers and enable them to be successful in the world
- Collaborating with EDA vendors to improve the best in class results from our processors whilst focussing on the ideal user experience
Required Skills and Experience :
- You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical field.
- Good working knowledge of the entire IC design flow and knowledge of hardware description languages: Verilog or System Verilog
- Shown expertise in one or more of: synthesis, place and route, LEC and STA
- You are proficient in scripting languages such as Tcl, Python and Perl
- An attention to detail and tenacity to chase down problems
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking
- An ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
- A professional and enthusiastic approach to work
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- You have experience with low power design techniques (power gating, DVFS etc.)
- You have knowledge of Arm based SoCs
- You have a deep understanding of challenges faced at the nanometre-scale
- You bring relevant experience from the industry
- You have passion and curiosity to grow your expertise
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in Norway including private medical insurance, 6 weeks of annual leave, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.