Intern, Applications Engineer
Arm is looking for interns to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Hsinchu. Hardware Application Engineers provide the front line technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using ARM CPUs and System IP.
This position offers an excellent mix of broad technical development, both hardware and software with the opportunity to learn the job of a hardware applications engineer, which could lead to a permanent role after graduation. It is ideally suited for a person with a passion for microprocessors who enjoy problem solving and is excited by new challenges every single day.
- Assisting in fault finding problems with customer designs based on ARM CPU and System IP
- Building RTL simulation test benches to be used to replicate partner’s issues
- Assisting in testing hardware IP and providing feedback to design teams prior to release to customers.
- Reviewing technical documentation for hardware IP deliverables and providing improvement recommendations to the technical authors.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Speaks clear and proficient English.
- Enjoys working with customers and solving problems.
- Has good interpersonal skills and is detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates a positive, “can-do” demeanor.
- Studying for a degree or a higher degree in Electronic Engineering or similar.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Some experience of hardware description languages such as Verilog or VHDL with tools for simulating digital hardware and crafting test benches.
- Developing knowledge of microprocessor architectures, memory systems and interconnects.
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.