ML Hardware Engineering Intern
An internship with Arm offers exposure to real work and insight into the Arm innovations that shape extraordinary. Students who thrive at Arm take their love of learning beyond their experience of formal education and develop new ideas. This is the energy that interests us!
Internships at Arm offer the opportunity to put theory into practice through exciting, intellectually challenging, real-world projects that enrich personal and technical development while enhancing future career opportunities!
This internship position is within the Machine Learning Engineering team within Arm which works on key technologies for the future of computing. Working on the cutting edge of Arm IP, this team creates technology that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
Internships at Arm will begin in June 2024 and last for an approximate duration of 10 weeks.
We will begin the interview process early 2024, but look forward to receiving applications before then. When applying, please ensure you include your most up to date academic transcript.
For a sneak peek what it’s like to work in Arm Lund, please have a look at the following video: http://bit.ly/2kxWMXp
We are looking for enthusiastic interns interested in exploring the world of digital hardware design and verification. Interns at Arm will collaborate and learn from worldwide experts and experience how the next-generation Machine Learning IP that will fuel billions of devices world-wide are designed and verified.
Interns will work alongside experienced engineers within one of the IP development teams in Arm and be given real project tasks and will be supported by experienced engineers. Examples of previous project tasks are:
- Developing and trialing new processes for use by the design/verification teams.
- Investigating alternative options for existing design or verification implementations.
- Help to develop a hardware platform that can guide out customers to the best solution.
- Implement complex logic using Verilog to bridge a gap in a system.
- Develop bare metal software to exercise design functionality.
- Verify a complex design, from unit to full SoC level.
- Help to take a platform to silicon.
As an Intern hardware engineer, you'll be part of a growing and talented design team focusing on our Machine Learning and Neural Network IP. Working closely with colleagues from other international design centres, interns will support the design and verification of Arm’s next generation IP, using the latest methodologies and technology.
You will preferably be an undergraduate from a University or Engineering School, in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Other science graduates with relevant experience would be considered.
Enthusiasm for science and technology with especial reference to mobile computing, machine learning and innovative engineering. The systems we are developing are challenging in both the area of hardware design and software.
Interns are expected to find solutions where such a challenge presents, itself so this will test your ingenuity and your ability to work in an autonomous manner.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Working towards or completed university degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject.
- RTL design experience.
- Good software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience in functional debug of errors in the RTL model.
- Experience in the specification, creation, and debug of SystemVerilog/UVM constrained-random testbenches.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Tcl, Python.
- Assembly language for Arm or other architectures.
- Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks (very useful, but not critical).
Working on interesting new projects is exciting, but we also know how meaningful it is to receive support. That's why throughout your internship, you can expect regular feedback and development opportunities, social activities to connect with your peers, an end of summer celebration, plus the opportunity to be *considered for future Graduate positions (*subject to performance). #getreadytogrow
Our program is crafted to give you the best start possible and support your personal growth as well as professional development.
Gain a competitive salary, supportive rewards package, alongside unparalleled learning and networking opportunities from the best in industry.