Principal Design Engineer
Arm is establishing a team to develop outstanding silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating groundbreaking silicon test chips!
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
- Systems Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. RTL design engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help in the design and integrate our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of SoCs you will be an integral part of a design team developing logic for subsystems and SoCs
- Key responsibilities will include reviewing the SoC solution architecture, crafting the design micro architecture specifications, RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis.
- Design engineers are encouraged to work closely with verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience.
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role.
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs.
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.