Principal System Performance Engineer
Would you love to investigate performance issues and suggest product improvements on the different parts of a mobile System-on-Chip? Would you like to analyse the performance of Arm's future IPs when they are working together?
Arm's Solutions Performance Analysis team is a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that we maintain our leadership in mobile computing by helping our partners build outstanding products. Using detailed competitive analysis, sophisticated workload characterisation, emulation, simulation, and advanced software modeling, we are regularly influencing Arm's engineering teams and its partners.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has a track record of delivering products and developing engineering talent.
You will join the Solutions Performance Analysis team within Central Technology as an experienced System Performance Analysis Engineer. You will run experiments on a pre-Silicon SoC environments analysing the performance of the different Arm components (such as CPU, GPU, DPU, Video, ISP, Interconnect, etc) using use-cases close to the ones run on mobile products. You will help bring up some of these use cases and understand their behaviour on future platforms. You will be finding the different potential bottlenecks and help provide solutions.
Given the impact and reach of this field, you will be encouraged to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company. This is centred around promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
- Characterise real world use cases and build sophisticated workloads that will be used to understand system performance.
- Engage with architects on future systems within Arm.
- Run system performance characterization and optimization studies.
- Lead exploration studies aimed at determining the efficiency of proposed IP features in a system context.
- Be a trusted source of analytics and data through good engineering practice and methodologies
- Devise and investigate new ideas for workload analysis and development of new tools and flows.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Detailed understanding of computer architecture and microarchitecture concepts such as Cache hierarchy, SMT, Multi-core architecture etc.
- Good understanding of key performance concepts and metrics. ie. CPU/System performance.
- Familiarity with Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Experience on scripting languages, Assembly language, ideally in Arm assembly, and programming languages such as C or C++
- Self motivated to experiment and root-cause performance issues.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with Unix and source control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with compilers and/or device drivers.
- Familiarity with performance analysis methodologies in various environments such as RTL emulation/simulation, FPGA, Test-chip/Development kits etc.
- Experience with power management and optimisations
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
You will get to utilise your engineering skills to build support for the technologies and influence millions of devices for years to come. You will be able to drive and bring your ideas to a wider group of our leading experts, build your technical leadership and influencing skills and build towards becoming an established and recognised expert within the existing team.