Principal Verification Engineer
Arm’s Solution Engineering team is very thrilled to work with SoC verification engineers in Bengaluru. New team members in Bengaluru will join hands with other RTL design and verification engineers spread across UK, US, France and Hungary to build best in class compute subsystems.
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating powerful silicon test chips. This is a wonderful and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. Verification engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help verify our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a verification engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs, you will make valuable contributions to a team tasked with verifying functional correctness of the design under test.
- Key responsibilities will include building functional verification strategies, writing test plans, defining test methodologies, improving the verification methodologies, completing functional verification to the required quality levels and schedules.
- Working with project management on planning tasks, setting schedules, quality checkpoints, engineer will be fully responsible for the area of verification.
- Will collaborate with engineers from architecture, design, verification, implementation, modelling, performance analysis, silicon validation, FPGA and board development.
- Senior engineers are also encouraged to support junior members.
- Provide effective leadership helping the group leadership team to build and develop a diverse inclusive local design centre by hiring, mentoring, coaching and talent management.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, partners and groups across multiple fields
Required Skills and Experience :
- 12+ Year of experience.
- Worked on embedded C based SoC verification environments
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. (SystemVerilog), shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experienced in one or more of various verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/eRM, formal, low power, emulation
- Exposure to all stages of verification: requirements collection, creation of verification methodology plans, testplans, testbench implementation, Testcases development, coverage closure, documentation and support
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- You possess the knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Practical experience of working on Processor based system design!
- Exposure to UVM or other industry standard verification methodologies
- Languages: Verilog, C/C++, Assembly language, Perl
- Verification Languages such as System Verilog.
- Strong understanding of CPU Architecture/micro-architectures.
- Should have team handling experience
- Strong understanding of basic computer architecture
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/ Assembly with experience in embracing software engineering standard methodologies.
- Familiar with verification process such as Test Plan development, Testcase development
- Familiarity of Unix / Linux working environment
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.