Principal/Staff Design Engineer
Arm’s Solution Engineering team is very thrilled to connect with SoC verification engineers in Bengaluru. New team members in Bengaluru will join hands with other RTL design and verification engineers spread across UK, US, France and Hungary to build best in class compute subsystems.
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating cutting edge silicon test chips. This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. RTL design engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help in the design and integrate our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of the SoCs you will be an integral part of a design team developing logic for subsystems
- Key responsibilities will include reviewing the SoC solution architecture, crafting the design micro architecture specifications, RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
- Design engineers are encouraged to work closely with verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills and Experience :
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.