Senior Design Engineer
Systems Solution team mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant and reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. Design Engineers in this group are responsible for driving the specification and development of the next generation of compute solution. You will be working in a highly focused group within Arm's Central Engineering Systems Development team, where you will help design our next generation compute solutions using powerful technologies, methodologies and tools. You will work closely with architects and other design, verification, implementation engineers, modelling, performance analysis, silicon validation, FPGA and Board development engineers. Experienced senior engineers are also expected to support junior members of the team.
As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team integrating IP and developing logic for subsystems/solutions!
You will work with the project team to understand, review the SoC solution architecture and develop the design specifications
Key responsibilities will include writing micro-architecture specifications, developing the RTL, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
You will work with the verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
Close collaboration with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
Expected to chip in to develop and improving the design methodologies used by the team.
You will guide other members of the team as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities.
As you gain the domain knowledge you will have the growth opportunity to lead technical activities that the team is working on.
You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills and Experience :
- 10+ Yrs of Experience
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- You will need experience of RTL design for sophisticated SoCs and ASIC products
- Your ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- You possess the knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design will be crucial: initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Exposure to producing specifications and documentation describing complex designs.
- You will have the ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet bold targets without compromising on quality
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture and systems!
- You will have practical experience of working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
Understanding of SoC security aspects
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.