Senior Engineer - FPGA prototyping
To accelerate the verification of Arm’s IP products, our latest designs are implemented on the latest FPGA prototyping platforms from the leading EDA and prototyping vendors, based on ground breaking FPGAs in order to increase the amount of testing that can be achieved before product release. We push the boundaries of what is possible within FPGA prototyping to provide a vital solution for early SW development, HW debug, performance analysis and verification.
Do you have experience in FPGA prototyping, or RTL design and synthesis for ASIC or FPGA? Are you motivated to work with us to prototype the latest IP from Arm with the latest technologies? Then this key role, central to development of all Arm IP, is for you!
You will join the FPGA Team in Trondheim as part of the global Productivity Engineering group, to maintain and develop the flows used to build and run the FPGA images needed to perform accelerated verification of Arm IP products, including Graphics Processors and Machine Learning. These flows also include built in support to enable IP designers to debug design errors exposed via this accelerated verification. We use the largest FPGAs available and often partition the IP across multiple FPGAs for highly configurable systems. You will also support and maintain a large number of FPGA systems which are deployed in our off-site data centers.
You will report to a senior lead or manager in the FPGA Team and will be responsible for creating and maintaining FPGA build flows and ensuring the assigned FPGA image creation and debug tasks are completed on time and to a high quality level. You will also deploy and support new hardware either on desks or in centralized farms. This will include the following:
- Development and deployment of FPGA image creation and debug flows
- Automation of FPGA flows & methodology such that they can be deployed to the user community
- Collaboration with FPGA and EDA vendors to debug and resolve image flow problems and to drive requirements for next generation FPGA hardware and tools
- Maintain a good working understanding of FPGA technology and industry trends
- Engage with IP design and verification engineers in the Arm IP design groups to ensure the FPGA HW and flows and the target SoCs incorporate the features necessary to meet Arm IP verification goals
- Support the Flow Automation teams to ensure that the FPGA systems can be accessed remotely and efficiently shared across the engineering community for optimum utilization
- Build and install FPGA platforms
- Arm provides access to a large selection of courses and you are encouraged to develop your skillset
Required Skills and Experience :
- You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical field.
- FPGA prototyping or RTL design and synthesis background
- Experience with TCL/Python and/or other scripting/programming languages
- Experience of working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Creative and tenacious problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good organisational skills (planning and reporting of activities)
- Ability to work independently and drive initiatives and strategies
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Good knowledge and experience of FPGA technology
- Awareness and interest in FPGA technology
- Good knowledge of current advanced FPGA implementation flows and debug techniques
- In-depth knowledge about Linux operating systems
- Experience of multi-FPGA based prototyping flows
- Experience in electronic hardware design
- Knowledge of network management
- Experience with source code control systems and bug tracking systems
- Technical Project Leadership
- Interested candidates we ask to include the cover letter
All Arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in the Nordics including private medical insurance, 6 weeks of annual leave, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.