Senior Formal Verification Engineer
In the fast-moving world of CPU Verification, Formal Methods are becoming crucial to the success of today's ever-accelerating development cycle.
ARM’s CPU Group is looking for engineers with experience in Formal Verification who desire to be at the cutting edge of applied formal methods. We are offering the chance to become part of a dedicated team that will deploy Formal on the next generation of CPU designs. This is an opportunity to influence design & verification decisions and shape the future of technology that will fuel billions of devices world-wide.
You will apply Formal Methods to CPU Units developed in the Bangalore/Other design centers, with the opportunity to collaborate with our global Formal Teams across ARM. The role entails investigating, creating, developing and deploying new Formal Verification techniques on live projects. You will use the industry’s best available tools and be in close contact with EDA tool vendors. You will work alongside ARM’s brightest formal experts to plan and implement Formal Verification to exceptional quality and will deliver to milestones for the CPU IPs across Arm.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 5+ years of experience in formal verification of digital hardware design
- Familiarity with formal methods (e.g. SVA, PSL, model checking, theorem proving)!
- Awareness of Formal practices/apps/tools for functionally safe IPs suited for Automotive products is a plus.
- An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
- Familiarity with industry-standard formal verification tools
- Knowledge of hardware description and verification languages, such as VHDL, Verilog/ SystemVerilog, PSL
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Strong reasoning skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to understand and map abstract formal concepts onto designs
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills!
Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Understanding of the end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
- Experience in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL/shell programming
- Familiarity with model-checking techniques
- Exposure to invariants and abstractions
- Understanding of assume-guarantee reasoning
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.