Senior Hardware Performance Analysis Engineer
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our hard-working and creative engineers are having a significant impact in building a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, various system IPs, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion groundbreaking Arm-powered processors.
Arm's Solutions Performance Analysis team is a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that we maintain our leadership in mobile computing by helping our partners build outstanding products. Using detailed competitive analysis, workload characterization, and performance analysis, we are regularly influencing future generation of CPUs and IPs.
In this position, you would join a team investigating performance issues and suggest improvements on the different parts of a mobile System-on-Chip and Arm's future IPs.
As a Performance Analysis engineer you will be working on multiple aspects of the performance analysis, including:
- Characterize real world use cases and build workloads that will be used to understand system performance.
- Engage with architects on future systems within Arm.
- Run system performance characterization and optimization studies on different type of platforms(Pre-Silicon and Post-Silicon).
- Devise and investigate new ideas for workload analysis and development of new tools and flows.
Required Skills and Experience :
- At least 4 years of software development and/or performance analysis experience with a degree in Computer Science, or similar field.
- Good understanding of computer architecture and microarchitecture concepts such as Cache hierarchy, Memory access efficiency, Multi-core architecture etc. and key performance concepts and metrics.
- Familiarity with performance analysis methodologies in various environments such as RTL emulation/simulation, FPGA, Test-chip/Development kits etc.
- Familiarity with Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Experience on using programming languages such as Python, Ruby, C++.
- Self motivated to experiment and root-cause performance issues.
- Able to work in teams and to collaborate with colleagues in other groups and sites.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with Unix and source control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with BSP and/or device drivers.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and experience with interpretation of performance data.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 20 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on site sports court for team bonding and exercise as well as social events organised within the company!