Senior Principal Design Engineer
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating cutting edge silicon test chips. This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. Compute Subsystem Technical lead will join a highly focused group where you will help in the design and integrate our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- Key responsibilities will include defining the product requirements by collaborating with product managers, reviewing the SoC solution architecture and crafting the design micro architecture specifications
- As a creative technical lead with knowledge of SoCs you will drive a design team developing the logic for compute subsystems and SoCs : responsible for RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
- Technical leads are responsible for taking key technical decisions by working closely with RTL design, verification and physical implementation leads.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis teams to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team.
- Early phase project planning, plan creation and maintenance, tracking and communications are key parts of the role
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
'Nice to Have' skills and Experience:
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and embedded devices!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation