Senior / Staff Design Engineer
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating cutting edge silicon test chips. This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Systems Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. RTL design engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help in the design and integrate our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of SoCs you will be an integral part of a design team developing logic for subsystems and SoCs
- Key responsibilities will include reviewing the SoC solution architecture, crafting the design micro architecture specifications, RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
- Design engineers are encouraged to work closely with verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
'Nice to Have' skills and Experience:
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.