Senior / Staff / Principal SOC Verification Engineer
Arm's new Systems Solution Group's mission is to enable our partners by delivering secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use! Arm is coming up with a new SoC team working on the latest Arm architecture and IPs along with various third-party IPs with an improved focus on security, performance, area and power on the newest technology node. SoC Verification of this next-generation chip using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools targeted for the premium mobile and laptop market will be a phenomenal learning curve for the candidate.
- As a verification engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will make valuable contributions to a team tasked with verifying the functional correctness of SoC.
- Engineers will have ample opportunities to collaborate with designers and architects to understand design specifications and build a functional verification strategy.
- Key responsibilities will include writing test plans, defining test methodologies, and completing functional verification to the required quality levels and schedules.
- Should possess a good understanding of media data flow between CPU, GPU, VPU, DPU, DMA with DDR.
- Owns test development for IO Virtualization, Protection, Security, Debug and Telemetry across SoC.
- Will collaborate with engineers in architecture, design, verification, implementation, modeling, performance analysis, silicon validation, FPGA and board development.
- Senior engineers are also encouraged to support junior members.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 8+ Yrs of Experience
- Worked on embedded C/C++ based SoC verification environments
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. (SystemVerilog), shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experienced in one or more of various verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/eRM, formal, low power, emulation
- Exposure to all stages of verification: requirements collection, creation of verification methodology plans, testplans, testbench implementation, Testcases development, documentation and support
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet aggressive targets without compromising on quality
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Arm system architectures
- Practical experience of working on Processor based system design.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Possess knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Exposure to Media IPs such as GPU, VPU & DPU and IO peripherals such as USB & UFS controllers is desirable!
- Exposure to GLS and Post Silicon Validation and their flow will be desirable.
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.