Senior Verification Engineer
ARM’s Systems group develops Systems for internal and external use with all Arm IPs (like CPU, GPU, Interconnect, Memory controller, System MMU, FuSa IPs, etc) that drives many of today’s digital devices.
Customers demand high quality and reliable IP, as the cost of design iterations is very high and shorter design cycles means that re-spins can be disastrous for the success of a product. Against this background, Arm has adopted a 'right-first-time' methodology and recognizes the need for dedicated verification engineers to work with the various IP design teams.
As an Engineer in the Systems team, you will get the opportunity to work in and lead a small team of motivated engineers and continually develop specialist system skills and apply both hardware and software knowledge that come with these skills, to do their verification tasks.
- Develop systems (aka kits) that include Arm processors, interconnects, and peripherals.
- Responsible for debugging hardware-software failures using simulation and emulation platform. This requires detailed understanding of System and Arm processor architecture
- Proactively learning the latest Arm technology/protocols and keeping up to date with the progress on the new technologies.
- Strong and continuous communication, as most of the team are cross site, in terms of planning, reviews, project tracking, continuous engagement through status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
- Deliver on the engineering commitments successfully
- Actively review inter-project dependencies and risks, assist in the resolution of differences where vital, to achieve greater success.
- Drive efficiency improvement through adoption of right verification tools and methodologies
Required Skills and Experience :
- Understanding of CPU and/or SoC architecture
- Deep understanding of digital design concepts and Verilog/VHDL coding
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/Assembly
- Understanding of random verification methodologies including test generation tools, HVLs, coverage, etc
- Knowledge about HW acceleration technology like Emulation and FPGA
- Flair for problem solving and debugging
- Proven track record of execution and/or methodology development and deployment on complex projects, individually or in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Awareness of CPU/System architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, pipelines)
- Exposure to various market segments like Client, Infrastructure, Embedded, IoT
- General understanding of Arm-based Systems and protocols like AHB, AXI, ACE, or CHI
- Use of scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell
- Hands-on experience on HW acceleration platforms like Emulation and FPGA
- Knowledge of advance verification techniques like assertions, property checking, etc.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.