Senior/Staff/ Principal Verification Engineer
The GPU Engineering Division requires experienced and highly motivated GPU Verification Engineers to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of pioneering GPUs. Our team predominantly employs constrained-random coverage-driven simulation techniques using SystemVerilog and UVM. You will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work, crafting and deploying new methodologies within the team.
Working in our main office, located in Cambridge within a team that spans three sites across Europe. The team includes design, verification and modelling engineers working on the next generation graphics processors. Given the span of the team, there may be opportunity for travel to other sites during your work.
We are hiring for different experience levels, from individual contributors with few years in the sector to engineers with large experience willing to lead, coach and mentor more junior engineers to help them grow and become deep experts on the field.
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU!
Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
We work with the globe’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. Your responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
- Architecting verification IP and full verification environments
- Expected to investigate and script new verification flows and optimising existing flows
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of verification closure.
Expected to have a consistent record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably sophisticated verification environment. Be comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop verification components and be familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification process. You are capable of developing verification flows to make best use of EDA tools.
Required Skills and Experience :
Different levels of proficiency on the following skills are acceptable as we consider candidates for junior as well as very experienced positions:
- Strong experience with SystemVerilog for verification of complex design IP.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of UVM.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Knowledge or understanding of graphics principles.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Scala/Java and good software principles.
- Experience with formal verification.
- Experience with emulation flows.
- Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
- You should have the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Commit to solve varied and sophisticated technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills and passionate to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on-site gym in Cambridge and social events organised within the company!