SoC Design Engineer
Our Systems Development team designs subsystems for various application segments, using the latest IP products from Arm and other vendors. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic SoC Design Engineer to join the team and help develop these systems. As a SoC Design Engineer you will contribute to the specification, design and verification of various compute subsystems.
You will join a small team of dedicated engineers in Austin, as well as collaborate with multiple other groups inside of Arm to design our subsystem products. Would you love a wider exposure across multiple IP products? Do you want an opportunity to work globally with various internal teams to deliver systems optimized for performance and power?
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs you will be part of a team integrating IP and developing logic for subsystems.
- You will work with the project team to understand and review the subsystem architecture, and develop the design specifications.
- Your key responsibilities will include writing micro-architecture specifications, developing the RTL, fixing bugs and running various design checks.
- You will work with the verification team to review test plans, and help debug design issues.
- You will work with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve subsystem performance.
- You will also contribute to developing and enhancing the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will guide and support other members of the team as needed to enable the successful completion of project activities.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills and Experience:
In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar related field and 5-10 years experience working in design of complex compute subsystems or SoCs, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of digital hardware design and Verilog HDL.
- A thorough understanding and experience of the current design techniques for complex SoC development.
- Experience creating design specifications
- Good knowledge of logic development using Verilog
- Experience with Perl, Python or other scripting language
'Nice to Have' Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ARM-based designs and/or ARM System Architectures
- Experience with SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/e
- Experience leading small teams or projects
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas
- Synthesis and timing analysis
- Static design checks, including CDC, RDC, X-Propagation, Linting
- Power management techniques
- PCIe subsystems for large SoCs and server applications
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
We offer a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.