SoC Design Engineer
Arm is building a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating groundbreaking silicon test chips.
This is an outstanding initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use.
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of SoCs you will be an integral part of a design team developing logic for subsystems and SoCs
- Key responsibilities will include reviewing the SoC solution architecture, crafting the design micro architecture specifications, RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
- Design engineers are encouraged to work closely with verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS or equivalent experience) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with meaningful work experience
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be crucial to the role
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimization, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Exposure to IO protocols PCIe, CXL, DDRx, LPDDRx
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
'Nice to Have' :
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding.
- Partner and customer focus
- Teamwork and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises