Staff RTL Design Engineer
Arm’s Solution Engineering team is very thrilled to connect with SoC verification engineers in Bengaluru. New team members in Bengaluru will join hands with other RTL design and verification engineers spread across UK, US, France and Hungary to build best in class compute subsystems.
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating cutting edge silicon test chips.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
In this role, we expect a proactive and autonomous candidate to provide and specify the verification plans to validate all features and stress the design in corner cases to find all possible bugs!
Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. RTL design engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help in the design and integrate our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a creative design engineer with a knowledge of the SoCs you will be an integral part of a design team developing logic for subsystems
- Key responsibilities will include reviewing the SoC solution architecture, crafting the design micro architecture specifications, RTL development, fixing bugs, running various design checks, power constraints generation, supporting RTL/netlist power analysis
- Design engineers are encouraged to work closely with verification team to review test plans and help debugging design issues.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to evaluate and improve system performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the design methodologies used by the team.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with Project Management on activities, plans, and schedules
- Understanding the specification of the SoC you will target.
- Defining test plan, creating verification environment. Reporting bugs to design team; plus specifying the verification sign-off criteria.
- Building the test bench by using appropriate methodology and programming language(s).
Qualification & Experience:
- 12+ Years of work experience of relevant SoC and IP level verification.
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- Experience of RTL design for complex SoCs and ASIC products
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support
- Produce specifications and documentation describing sophisticated designs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
- Knowledge of shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl Perl, Python etc.)
- Good knowledge with Verilog and system Verilog for testbench (rtl, gate level and power aware simulation) UVM methodology
- Knowledge of DFT and experience with ATPG
- Exposed to the RTL hardware design flow and methodology
- General understanding of semiconductor IP development threads and challenges
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
- BE/B. Tech or MS/M. Tech
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.