This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated verification engineer to join the hardworking System IP team!
This is a fast-paced technical role employing the latest hardware design and verification methodologies to develop complex and highly configurable hardware IP that sit at the heart of Arm-based Systems!
About System IP
This role is for the System Memory Management Unit (SMMU) team.
The SMMU team owns the development of next-generation Arm SMMU targeting high-end mobile, networking, and enterprise markets. The SMMU is a key component of the Arm Architecture that provides critical and complex functionalities that complement systems design with Arm processors and Multimedia IP.
You will specify and develop new hardware verification testbenches for future generation hardware IP. You will improve existing testbenches to increase performance, quality and efficiency. You will also identify areas for improvement in processes and methodologies, then implement those changes to advance our best-practises and state of the art for hardware verification.
The responsibilities of a member of the Verification team are:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes from a verification complexity point of view
- Architecting verification IP and full verification environments with verification delivery ownership.
- Investigating and scripting new verification flows and optimising existing ones
- Analysis of data from simulation runs using machine learning and data science techniques to drive efficient bug discovery and debug
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of verification closure and mentoring other members of the team.
- Close collaboration with other Arm engineering teams leading to high quality IP that works well in a complete system.
Required Skills and Experience :
- You can demonstrate experience in working with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably complex verification environment.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Experience in planning and writing functional coverage.
- Strong scripting skills – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Proven software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- You are familiar with the tools and processes for developing testbenches and finishing all aspects of the verification process.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Dedicated with a focused approach to problem analysis and solving.
- Strong experience in planning and estimation.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Multiprocessing microarchitecture experience including knowledge of cache coherence and bus protocols (e.g. AMBA4 ACE or AXI)
- Experience in Formal Verification is a plus.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.