Senior Design Verification Engineer
Fidus is a front runner in embedded software design, system and hardware. We provide a technical advantage to our global Clients ranging from tech giants to start-ups. We are looking for a Senior UVM Verification Designer in Ottawa, ON. We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win and is excited to apply their creative skills.
This is a great opportunity to be a key contributor on challenging projects (Virtual Reality, High-Res Video, High speed communications, High-Performance Computing FPGA Designs etc.) for F100/F500 companies, explore new industries, influence strategy, processes and culture. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while working with some of the biggest names in the Ottawa and Silicon Valley high tech industry.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in ASIC/FPGA verification including writing verification test plans, verification environment development behavioral model development and test case writing
- Experienced verification lead with proven ability to plan and execute complex verification projects for ASICs or FPGA’s
- Working with simulation environments based on UVM
- Proficient in SystemVerilog and scripting languages like Python, Perl, Ruby, Makefile, shell
- Experience with scripting languages (Python or Perl)
- Knowledge with industry standard high-speed protocols such as Ethernet
- Supporting regression runs (project dependent)
- Work with designers and system architects as part of requirement gathering and circuit understanding
- Electrical engineering or computer science degree at the BASc or MASc level
- Working experience in FPGA Verification, approaches, and methodology is a must
- Working experience with constrained random verification techniques, assertions, and functional coverage
- Familiarity with formal verification methods and tools
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting specifications
- Good debugging skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to plan verification tasks, monitor, and present status
- Ability to own and be responsible for all verification activities associated to multiple of blocks
- Good communication is key as the individual will be working directly with external clients on a regular basis
With design center locations in Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose, Fidus is a global leader and dynamic high-tech design firm. Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our hardware, software, FPGA and signal integrity teams innovate, design and deliver next-generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
Established in 2001, Fidus successfully completed over 4,000 projects for over 400 customers by serving diverse clientele at such industries as Telecom/Datacom, Aerospace and Defence, Consumer, Semiconductors, Industrial/Automotive Controls, Medical etc. Being the inaugural Xilinx Premier North American Design Services member means that we have great FPGA designers with leading edge expertise and we solve some of the customers toughest design challenges.
Believing that Fidus employees are the most important resource we have to offer, Fidus aims to always challenge their employees to be the best that they can be. We are proud of the operating culture that is maintained as well as our fantastic employee retention. With a reputation known for relentlessly providing expert service and knowledge into the different markets that we serve with emerging technology and inventions - overachieving is how things are done.
Fidus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.