Senior FPGA Designer
This is a great opportunity to be a key contributor on challenging projects (Virtual Reality, High-Res Video, High speed communications, High-Performance Computing FPGA Designs etc.) for F100/F500 companies, explore new industries, influence strategy, processes and culture. Lead in your area of expertise, influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps, all the while working with some of the biggest names in the Ottawa and Silicon Valley high tech industry.
Someone who is passionate about designing and working with new technologies, is driven to win, and is excited to apply their creative skills. We are a leading Tier 1 design house growing exponentially – thus we can have a great deal of impact with a lot of exciting challenges.
If you want to be part of a creative team, you like to be challenged, you thrive on project diversity, you love to grow, change, and evolve, you enjoy a work environment that is built on openness, opportunity and career development and you think it is important to have fun while reaching your goals and exceeding customer expectations, then Fidus is the place for You!
Being an industry dominant player, we have an exciting and immediate opening for a Senior FPGA Designer position for our Ottawa or Kitchener Design Center or remote (Full-time permanent).
What’s in it for You?
· Working with a Proudly Tier 1 High-Tech Design House at a Rapidly Expanding Industry: Fidus is pleased to provide customers with full end-to-end development solutions or more selective targeted engagements. Being a Xilinx Premier Design Services Member, Fidus has delivered more than 4,000 projects for 400+ clients, from Tier-1 multinationals to SMEs to start-ups. Fidus is headquartered in Ottawa with local design centers in Kitchener-Waterloo and San Jose.
· Join an Evolving Company: Make your voice heard and create the change you want to see. Be a contributor on challenging projects, lead with your expertise influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps. Fidus is recognized for accelerating the product development cycle and optimizing system implementation for better cost, performance and power to our clients!
· Join During Rapid Growth Mode: Consistently exceeding targets (including the past two years) and strong projections for 2023/2024, you’re joining at an exciting time in Fidus history. Recognized as a trusted design partner, Fidus is dedicated to meeting customer expectations and develop long-term relationships with clients built on integrity, quality and open communications.
· Work with Cutting Edge Technology: Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development, including hardware, software, and FPGA/ASIC design/verification. Work on a variety of leading technologies, be part of a team that solves the hard problems that new technologies present. Our training, mentoring, and exposure to different types of projects allow Fidus engineers to become highly sought after experts, more quickly than in other environment. Exposure to various diverse industries and clients which means exciting new technologies.
· Generous Benefits Package and Company Culture: Featuring a full benefits package, healthy work/life balance, LTD & STD, generous PTO and a company emphasis placed on feeling welcome and at home; ensuring you are taken care of is of utmost importance to Fidus.
What You’ll Need for the Position:
· 8+ years of experience designing using RTL/Verilog/VHDL on FPGAs.
· Experience with video systems and specification standards, video algorithms, and high-speed memory and bus interfaces, communications protocols, and DSP or processor instantiations.
· Created designs using Xilinx or Altera FPGA families and have a solid understanding of tool flow
· Experience with Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus, and/or ModelSim
· RTL design and verification including test benches, functional simulations, and timing closure
· Exhibit strong communication skills, are fluent in English, have great customer interaction presence, and quickly learn new technologies and processes
· Proven techniques and habits that lead to high quality design
· Degree as a B.A.Sc., B.Eng. or equivalent
· As a Xilinx premier design partner, you will be certified to Xilinx’s highest level of FPGA qualification – this will be your first “to-do” item upon joining us.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Work with our clients and other Fidus Employees to develop complex FPGA and/or CPLD based systems, including architecture, custom development, integrated IP, simulations, and timing analysis and closure.
· Design FPGA based systems using Xilinx and Intel based devices and tools
· Participate in design reviews (hardware-software interface, input-outputs etc.) to ensure Fidus quality standards and customer requirements are being adhered to
· Perform lab testing, debug of prototypes and supporting hardware/software engineer, as needed
· Perform customer prototype demonstrations and author test plans, design description and user documentation
· Provide technical insight to customers during the pre-sales and implementation phase of projects
· Provide technical support to the Business Manager and Sales team by providing detailed estimates on project scope, schedule, and deliverables and to present the technical aspects of Fidus proposals to the client
In Latin, Fidus means “trustworthy and dependable”. We live up to the meaning of our name with our customers, suppliers, partners and each other.
With design center locations in Ottawa, Waterloo and San Jose, Fidus is a global leader and dynamic high-tech design firm. Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our hardware, software, FPGA and signal integrity teams innovate, design and deliver next-generation products for clients in emerging technology markets.
Established in 2001, Fidus successfully completed over 4,000 projects for over 400 customers by serving diverse clientele at such industries as Telecom/Datacom, Aerospace and Defence, Consumer, Semiconductors, Industrial/Automotive Controls, Medical etc. Being the inaugural Xilinx Premier North American Design Services member means that we have great FPGA designers with leading edge expertise and we solve some of the customers toughest design challenges.
Believing that Fidus employees are the most important resource we have to offer, Fidus aims to always challenge their employees to be the best that they can be. We are proud of the operating culture that is maintained as well as our fantastic employee retention. With a reputation known for relentlessly providing expert service and knowledge into the different markets that we serve with emerging technology and inventions - overachieving is how things are done.