Lead Principal Chip Verification Engineer (f/m/div)
Infineon Bristol is creating a brand-new team responsible for Chip Verification. Do you want to lead and develop this new team of talented verification engineers? Are you a seasoned verification engineer with a passion for microcontrollers and the automotive fields? Are you excited about the prospect of working in a dynamic multinational environment where you can leave your mark? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Lead Principal Chip Verification Engineer, you will be part of the technical leadership team regarding Chip Verification and work closely with the Platform Verification Architect. You will define verification strategies for Chip/System level verification, and implement the next generation of verification environment architecture and methodology development while leading and developing a talented team of verification engineers. Plus, you'll work closely with Infineon representatives of standardization committees for automotive standards.
In your new role, you will:
- Be part of the technical leadership for Chip Verification;
- Drive together with Platform Verification Architect on defining verification strategy (Constrained random, Formal, Directed) for Chip/System level verification;
- Define and implement the next generation of verification environment architecture and methodology development;
- Drive topics forward together by working with various internal and external experts (e.g. application, analog/digital/mixed-signal, software, patterns) as well as management;
- Actively participating and contributing in cross-functional collaboration with design, software, and hardware teams across multiple design sites, to ensure a successful product delivery;
- Oversee verification for the Chip/System from product requirements, test plan, test benches, test cases development, and driving functional and code coverage closure;
- Own and create technical documentation in order to provide documents to guarantee ISO26262 and ISO21434 compliance;
- Work closely together with Infineon representatives of standardization committees for automotive standards;
- Identify and set mid/long-term goals based on benchmarking against industry standards.
You are best equipped for this role if you have:
- PhD, Master’s, or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- At least 15 years of experience of relevant work experience, ideally in a leadership position in a highly complex semiconductor design and verification environment;
- Strong foundational knowledge and proven expertise in digital design & functional verification;
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of System Verilog and UVM;
- Hands-on experience in hardware-software debugging at the system or application level;
- Hands-on experience with C-based test development and debugging;
- Hands-on experience in state-of-the-art test bench development with scalability and automation;
- Experience in driving together with cross-functional technical experts on common resolutions;
- Fluency in English.
It is an advantage if you also have:
- Experience in different industry standard BUS architecture;
- Experience in low-power and high-performance computing;
- Firmware/software experience;
- Experience in the automotive industry in functional safety and cybersecurity.
Please send us your CV in English.