Principal Engineer Firmware Verification (f/m/div)
Are you an experienced Verification Engineer passionate about the Automotive field? Did you always want to get creative and build products that contribute to an easier, safer and greener world? Apply now to join our team in Padova or Langen as a Principal Engineer Firmware Verification and don’t miss the opportunity to grow and develop your skills working on a diverse range of innovation and technology development projects alongside enthusiastic and like-minded colleagues. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a Principal Engineer Firmware Verification, you will be technically responsible for test & validation of embedded software (Start-up, Mode-Management and Low-Power applications) for Infineon automotive microcontroller platforms.
In your new role you will:
- Define all aspects of testing & validation methodology (PreSi- & PostSi-split, framework definition/selection, interface to HVL/Simulators, goal definition, planning, regression setups);
- Establish efficient, reusable state-of-the-art verification frameworks together with domain-specific experts PreSi/PostSi for all levels (Unit-/Integration-Test, SW-Test, Validation);
- Support of Architectural/Platform decision making in close collaboration with SoC- and Subsystem-architects in order to assure testability/robustness of HW-SW split (“Design-for-Verification”);
- Assure maintainability and scalability of provided solution in order to support cost-efficiency goal as well as ensure the quality and standard compliance (such as ISO26262, ISO21434, IEC61508);
- Identify and mitigate all the technical risk in area of responsibilities within the project scope;
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the team;
- Pro-actively drive methodology in order to cover testing/verification aspects at the edge of pure SW-development (e.g. robustness, dependability, power).
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar field of studies;
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar technical field;
- Expertise in testing and/or validation of safety-critical embedded-SW (bare-metal) with strong background in HW-SW co-verification;
- Very good knowledge of HW-verification for large SoCs (subsystem, top level) incl. all aspects of respective state-of-the-art methodology;
- Hands-on experience on simulation and regression tools, embedded compilers (e.g. GNU, Tasking etc.) and debuggers (e.g. PLS, Lauterbach T32 etc.);
- Good knowledge in HDL (Verilog, VHDL) and experience with SystemVerilog or SpecmanE;
- Good knowledge of automotive SW-stacks covering all levels (FW, Driver, Bare-Metal application, RTOS);
- Good understanding of infrastructural control aspects of SoCs (e.g. Clock, Reset) as well as in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, ETH, etc.);
- Expert knowledge of computer architecture, embedded CPU (ARM/RISC-V), Inter-Processor-Communication, interrupt handling and power-management features;
- Fluency in English.