Senior Staff Firmware/Embedded Software Development Engineer (f/m/div)
Did you know that the firmware developed for our integrated sensors is customized for each product to fit the application and frequently poses challenges like low-memory footprint and ROM-only programming? When coupled with a low pin count package, one must develop special debugging and testing techniques in order to provide best-in class performance and cost. Isn’t this exciting? To find and learn more, join us and be part of a project team where you will have the chance to broaden your skills and know-how by collaborating with members from other disciplines, like Analog Design, Digital Design, Digital Verification and Laboratory Testing over the development stages of the product!
As a Senior Staff Firmware/Embedded Software Development Engineer, your main focus will be the design and implementation of firmware (FW) architectures for Application Specific Integrated Circuits which are integrated in various cars all across the globe. At Infineon, we are committed to making cars safer with our innovative and leading sensor portfolio. Our side airbag pressure sensors, for example, detect the spike in pressure caused by a side impact, thereby triggering the side airbag. These sensors are positioned in the car’s door compartments and are regarded as the fastest method of deploying life-saving side airbags.
Attention is also put into the development, documentation and verification processes throughout the product lifecycle in order to meet the requirements of safety standards like ISO26262.
In your new role you will:
- Design FW units, based on requirements and architecture specification.
- Actively contribute to the feasibility of FW requirements and the definition and documentation of the hardware – firmware interface.
- Contribute with own experience to the overall chip architecture by suggesting improvements or optimizations
- Implement and unit-test FW units in ASM and C for customized Instruction-Set processors and standard ARM cores
- Define test cases for integration testing and collaborate with the Digital Verification team
- Perform code reviews on FW/SW design, implementation and testing.
- Debugging failing tests on RTL simulators and Virtual Prototypes
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Master/Bachelors’ degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Firmware Development Engineer role.
- Strong programming C skills for embedded platforms (Microcontrollers, ASICs, SoCs).
- Experience in debugging with Simulators, In-Chip systems and Virtual Prototypes (FPGA, SystemC models, Simulink models etc).
- Proven expertise using bug tracking platforms.
- Good knowledge of microcontroller architectures and peripherals.
- Fluent English skills