Chip Design - TFM and Design Automation Team Manager
The NCCG group develops high-speed, cutting-edge Smart NICs (IPU) for Cloud customers with support for Crypto and Compression capabilities, advanced HW-based storage protocols, and compute capabilities.Our products are targeted for the comms and cloud data center industry and serve as a critical ingredient of Intel's Data-Centric strategy, shaping the Data Center and delivering an Intel end-to-end solution for this growing market. The IPU group is developing ASIC chips with and in-house SoC capabilities – from IP Design and verification through DFX and physical Design, to provide the full SoC capabilities for Smart NIC products.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced chip design TFM and Design Automation Team Manager to lead our TFM team in our cloud networking group, in the development and optimization of electronic design automation tools, flows and methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in VLSI front end design (Design Validation and Design Engineering), EDA tools, and project management, with a proven track record of leading successful teams.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and technical expertise to a global team (Israel, India, Europe and USA) of 15-20 TFM engineers.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment to drive productivity and creativity.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of the TFM, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Define project goals, scope, and objectives in alignment with company strategy.
Tool Development and Optimization:
- Lead efforts to develop and enhance custom EDA tools to improve design efficiency and quality.
- Evaluate and integrate third-party EDA tools to enhance the design flow.
- Drive the development and adoption of best practices, methodologies, and design flows in VLSI design.
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve methodologies.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, verification, and physical implementation teams to ensure seamless integration of EDA tools and methodologies.
- Communicate project status, risks, and opportunities to senior management.
Resource Allocation and Planning:
- Allocate resources effectively to meet project deadlines and priorities.
- Work with HR to recruit, onboard, and retain top talent for the EDA team.
- Bachelor's/Master's/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- years of experience in VLSI design and EDA tool development.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages like Verilog, VHDL, and scripting languages (e.g., Python, TCL).
- Proven experience in project management, including planning, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills.
- Experience with industry front end develoment tools and flows (Synopsis, Cadnece..)
- Publications or patents in the field of VLSI design or EDA.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.