IFS, Emulation Engineer
Do Something Wonderful!
Intel put the Silicon in Silicon Valley. No one else is this obsessed with engineering a brighter future. Every day, we create world changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth. So, if you have a big idea, let’s do something wonderful together. Join us, because at Intel, we are building a better tomorrow. Want to learn more? Visit our YouTube Channel or the links below!
Intel is shaping the future of technology to help create a better future for the entire world. Our work in pushing forward fields like AI, analytics, and cloud-to-edge technology is at the heart of countless innovations. With a career at Intel, you'll have the opportunity to use technology to power major breakthroughs and create enhancements that improve our everyday quality of life. Join us and help make the future more wonderful for everyone.
As an integral part of Intel's new IDM2.0 strategy, we are establishing Intel Foundry Services (IFS), a fully vertical, standalone foundry business, reporting directly to the CEO. IFS will be a world-class foundry business and major provider of US and European-based capacity to serve customers globally.
As an Emulation Engineer in IFS, you will:
- Build emulation and FPGA models and solutions from RTL design using synthesis, partitioning, and routing tools.
- Develop, integrate, test, and debug hardware and software collateral in simulation, emulation, and FPGA models for testing new features, writes directed tests, develops the test environment and hybrid emulation environment, and supports verification of hardware and software/firmware.
- Define and develop new capabilities and tools to achieve better verification through improved emulation and FPGA model usability. Enables acceleration of RTL development and improve emulation/FPGA model usability for presilicon verification, postsilicon validation, and software development.
- Develop improvements to usability by RTL validation and debugging of failing RTL tests on the emulation platform and interfaces with and provides guidance to verification teams for optimizing pre-silicon verification environments, test suites, and methodologies for emulation efficiency.
- Develop and utilizes automation aids, flows, and scripts in support of emulation utilization.
- Applies understanding of emulation and FPGA prototyping tools and methodologies, SoC integration, emulation transactors, emulation performance and optimization techniques, RTL simulation, and hybrid emulation environments (virtual platform and FPGA/emulation model).
- Collaborate with design, power and performance, silicon validation, and software teams, and participates in SoC and IP bring up, root causes testbench issues, IP and SoC testcases, and emulator/FPGA environment issues.
What we need to see (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or any STEM related degree.
- 6 months + experience in any of the following
- Emulation experience
- Hardware modeling
- C/C++ programming skills and/or Python scripting skills
- System Verilog or hardware description language (Verilog)
How to Stand out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience related to SOC modeling in emulation.
- Experience with CPU, PCIe, DDR memory sub system
- Experience with System Verilog programming
- Understanding of SOC architectures
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, and four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits
Inside this Business GroupIntel Foundry Services (IFS) is an independent foundry business that is established to meet our customers' unique product needs. With the first 'Open System Foundry' model in the world, our combined offerings of wafer fabrication, advanced process, and packaging technology, chiplet, software, robust ecosystem, and assembly and test capabilities help our customers build their innovative silicon designs and deliver full end-to-end customizable products from Intel's secure, resilient and sustainable source of supply.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in Canada:CAD 85,600.00-128,200.00
Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience