IP Logic Design Engineer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops the logic design, register transfer level (RTL) coding, and simulation for an IP required to generate cell libraries, functional units, IP blocks, and subsystems for integration in full chip designs.
- Participates in the definition of architecture and microarchitecture features of the block being designed.
- Applies various strategies, tools, and methods to write RTL and optimize logic to qualify the design to meet power, performance, area, and timing goals as well as design integrity for physical implementation.
- Reviews the verification plan and implementation to ensure design features are verified correctly and resolves and implements corrective measures for failing RTL tests to ensure correctness of features.
- Supports SoC customers to ensure high quality integration and verification of the IP block. Drives quality assurance compliance for smooth IP SoC handoff.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline with 3+ years of experience OR MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline with 2+ years of experience in the following:
- Strong knowledge of industry standard EDA tools and HDLs.
- Experience in RTL design with Verilog and/or VHDL and timing analysis/closure.
- Experience with RTL verification.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills as well as debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Perl, C++, Java and shell scripts.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
Inside this Business GroupIn the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.
Other LocationsUS, Folsom
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $123,419.00-$185,123.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience