RTL and Verification CAD Engineer
Do Something Wonderful!
Do you want to be part of one of the most advanced CPU teams in the world? If so, this is your chance to make an impact on the future of computing by becoming a member of the E-core CPU team. As a member you will be part of a team responsible for the development of state-of-the-heart low power, high performance microprocessors at Intel.
The E-core CPU team is powered by some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry and we need you! Intel has a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person. We are designing future generations of high-performance E-core CPUs using the most advanced and innovative process technologies. This industry leading performance per watt CPU helps power the latest generation of Intel laptops and desktops, 5G base stations, micro-servers and other Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning devices. If you are looking to grow and develop your skillsets while being surrounded by highly motivated and knowledge teammates, then this is the organization for you.
As an RTL and Verification CAD Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for the design and development of low power, high performance microprocessors at Intel. In this visible, multi-functional role, you will be part of a high-functioning and diverse Front End CAD team that defines, develops, tests and supports RTL and Verification CAD tool flows such as RTL simulation, emulation, and CI/CD.
This multi-disciplinary team consistently pushes the edge of technology and adopts best-in-class automation practices to allow for smooth RTL and Verification development of our complex microprocessors. If you are someone with great software skills and exemplary engineering curiosity, this is your opportunity to apply those skills in aiding the development of microprocessor designs that are an essential part of the current and future Intel microprocessors. Some of the responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain flows, scripts and systems around the RTL and Verification development work cycle like RTL simulators, Low-Power checkers, Coverage etc.
- Solve complex inter-domain problems in the environment that straddle CAD vendor tools, automation flows, RTL/Verification design and cloud infrastructure.
- Work with the Intel cloud team for most efficient compute scaling and utilization for the billions of simulation cycles being run.
- Using big-data and analytics platforms like Splunk to provide relevant data and visualizations for design environment efficiency.
- Continuously innovate to implement state-of-the-art strategies including ML/AI to improve our automation infrastructure.
- Define methodologies and architect flow solutions tied to internal and vendor based RTL/Verification CAD tools.
- Act as focal point between design and tool vendors for issues and feature enhancements.
Successful candidates would have the attributes below:
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and interaction skills.
- Excellent communicator who can accurately assess and describe issues to management and technical peers, following solutions through to completion.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced and innovative team environment.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
What we need to see (Minimum Qualifications):
- The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar with 4+ years of experience described below or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar with 3+ years' experience.
- 3+ years’ work experience programming/scriptingskills in Perl or Python or C/C++.
- 3+ years’ work experience with one or more of the following:
- Hardware description languages (Verilog, System Verilog) and RTL/Validation tools (VCS, Questasim etc)
- Software engineering, Dev-Ops, machine-learning.
- 3+ years’ work experience independently debugging complex cross-domain problems (RTL, software tools, IT).
- 3+ years’ work experience Linux including shell scripting (e.g. csh, bash)
How to Stand out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 4+ years' experience.
- 3+ years’ design automation experience with mix of software and hardware skills suitable for the design and debug of state-of-the-art microprocessors. This includes experience with System verilog and VCS as well as Python, Perl programming languages.
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, and four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits.
Want to learn more? Visit our YouTube Channel or the links below!