SOC Verification Engineer
Do Something Wonderful!
Intel put the Silicon in Silicon Valley. No one else is this obsessed with engineering a brighter future. Every day, we create world changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth. So, if you have a big idea, let’s do something wonderful together. Join us, because at Intel, we are building a better tomorrow. Want to learn more? Visit our YouTube Channel or the links below!
Intel NEX Cloud Networking Group (NCNG) delivers best-in-class Ethernet products and is part of the NEX Group which is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. NCNG's compelling Ethernet products move the world's data and are the foundations of cloud service and telecommunications data centers. We are a team of problem solvers, experimenters, and innovators who are dedicated to designing the network technologies that currently lead and continue to transform datacenter ecosystems. As a world-class organization, we're looking for outstanding talent to accelerate our growth during an exciting time in Ethernet networking marketing technology. If you're ready to be a part of this journey, then we want to hear from you!
As a SOC Verification Engineer, you will build efficient and effective constrained random verification environments that thoroughly exercise complex IP blocks. You will be responsible for the full life cycle of verification from planning to test execution, including collecting and closing coverage. You will conduct, participate in test plan and test reviews, develop verification components and tests, and triage failures.
As a SOC Verification Engineer in the Network and Edge group you will:
- Perform functional logic verification of an integrated SoC to ensure design will meet specifications.
- Define and develops scalable and reusable block, subsystem, and SoC verification plans, test benches, and the verification environment to meet the required level of coverage and confirm to microarchitecture specifications.
- Execute verification plans and defines and runs emulation and system simulation models to verify the design, analyze power and performance, and uncover bugs.
- Replicate, root causes, and debugs issues in the presilicon environment. Finds and implements corrective measures to resolve failing tests.
- Collaborate and communicates with SoC architects, microarchitects, full chip architects, RTL developers, postsilicon, and physical design teams to improve verification of complex architectural and microarchitectural features.
- Document test plans and drives technical reviews of plans and proofs with design and architecture teams.
- Incorporate and executes security activities within test plans, including regression and debug tests, to ensure security coverage.
- Maintain and improves existing functional verification infrastructure and methodology.
- Absorb learning from postsilicon on the quality of validation done during presilicon development, updates test plan for missing coverages, and proliferates to future products.
What we need to see (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or in a related field of study
- 2+ years of experience in logic design verification with various tools and methodologies including System Verilog, Perl, OVM/UVM, logic simulators, and coverage tools
- 2+ years’ experience with Pre-Silicon simulation tool flows such as Synopsys VCS Verdi and DVE
- 2+ years’ experience in Specman or UVM for developing verification test benches and constrained random verification.
How to Stand out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Post Graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or in a related field of study.
- Experience with PCIe, Power Management, Ethernet, PHY and Processors
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, and four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits
Inside this Business GroupThe Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It's leadership Ethernet, Switch, IPU, Photonics, Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $106,231.00-$159,109.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience