Sr / Lead IP Design Verification Engineer
Come and join us!
Intel put the Silicon in Silicon Valley. No one else is this obsessed with engineering a brighter future. Every day, we create world changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth. So, if you have a big idea, let’s do something wonderful together. Join us, because at Intel, we are building a better tomorrow. Want to learn more? Visit our YouTube Channel or the links below!
Intel NEX Cloud Connectivity Group (NCCG) delivers best-in-class Ethernet products as IPUs and is part of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers cloud, AI and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. NCCG's compelling Ethernet products move the world's data and are the foundations of cloud service and telecommunications data centers.
We are a team of problem solvers, experimenters, and innovators who are dedicated to designing the network technologies that currently lead and continue to transform data-centre and AI ecosystems.
As an IP Design Verification Engineer in the NCCG team, you will:
- Perform functional verification of IP logic to ensure design will meet specification requirements.
- Develop IP verification plans, test benches, and the verification environment to ensure coverage to confirm to microarchitecture specifications.
- Execute verification plans and defines and runs system simulation models to verify the design, analyze power and timing, and uncover bugs.
- Replicate, find root cause, and debug issues in the pre-silicon environment.
Additionally, you may be responsible for:
- Finding and implements corrective measures to resolve failing tests.
- Collaborating with architects, RTL developers, and physical design teams to improve verification of complex architectural and microarchitectural features.
- Documenting test plans and driveing technical reviews of plans and proofs with design and architecture teams.
- Maintaining and improving existing functional verification infrastructure and methodology.
- Participating in the definition of verification infrastructure and related TFMs needed for functional design verification.
The IP Design Verification Engineer should possess the following attributes in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Willingness to lead projects, work within ambiguous situations, and collaborate with cross organizational teams.
- Should be a self-starter, able to drive tasks to closure.
- The candidate should have strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
What we need to see (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6-8 years of industry work experience, or- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 7-9 years of industry work experience, or- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 5 years of related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant Pre-Silicon validation position having gone through multiple project cycles to gather in-depth experience.
- 5+ years of experience in logic design verification with various tools and methodologies including System Verilog, Perl, OVM/UVM, logic simulators, and coverage tools.
- 5+ years of experience with pre-silicon simulation tool flows such as Synopsys VCS Verdi and DVE.
- 3+ years of experience in OVM/UVM for developing verification test benches and constrained random verification.
How to Stand out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience with PCIe, Power Management, Ethernet, Network packet processing.
- Experience leading a team of engineers for entire verification cycle for an IP or a sub system.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, and four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits
Inside this Business GroupThe Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It's leadership Ethernet, Switch, IPU, Photonics, Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.
Other LocationsUS, Phoenix
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $144,501.00-$217,311.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience