Hardware Applications Engineer
Arm is looking for engineers with different levels of experience to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Budapest, Hungary. Being part of the Partner Enablement division, Applications Engineers provide the technical support and training to customers worldwide, helping them to build the best possible System-on-Chip based on Arm CPUs and System IP.
You will be providing Arm's partners with technical guidance on IP integration, configuration and performance aspects, investigating issues, identifying solutions using RTL simulations and effectively communicating your findings. Every day you’ll be faced with a different set of technical challenges on a variety of different products.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to visit customer sites around the world to deliver technical training courses to their engineering teams, whilst also providing reviews
and advice on their system designs.
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about Arm CPU & System IP
- Create and deliver technical training material, both onsite and remotely
- Perform onsite customer SoC design reviews using Arm IP and provide functionality and optimization recommendations
- Work with Arm IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
- Test IP and provide feedback to design teams prior to release to customers
- Create and modify web-based knowledge base articles and application notes
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers find solutions more efficiently
Key Technical Skills & Expertise
- BSc or MSc degree qualification in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand HDLs such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Experience in using RTL simulation tools for debugging purposes
- Ability to learn and communicate IP product features and their interaction with the rest of the SoC
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Understanding of SoC design principles and CPU architectures
- Knowledge of one or more on-chip communication protocols (e.g. AMBA)
- Knowledge of the Arm Architecture
- Some SoC-level design and/or verification experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview:
- We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
- Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.