Senior Applications Engineer
Penang, 07, MYApply Now!
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG)'s Customer Experience Group (CEG) is the team that drives customer success with our FPGA products, solutions, and customer engagements. In CEG, our team leads key customer engagement programs to deliver technical solutions and support in infrastructure and AI acceleration for the SmartNIC, IPU applications.
Your role will include, but is not limited to, the following to handle the growing and thriving business (FPGA) that we are experiencing today:
- To deliver FPGA designs/solutions and bring up platform/systems for our key customer engagements.
- You will use your creativity, critical thinking, and communications to analyze and resolve complex issues from FPGA development, testing and deployment.
- You will also drive continuous improvement and feedback into next generation solutions.
- Deeply collaborate with customers to figure out the solution specs in demand, help to understand customer's technical requirements.
- End-to-end system level design of the platform including hardware, board, shell design and development.
- Analyze customer designs, and provide solutions for Intel's intellectual property, IP cores, and I/O technologies targeting leading-edge Field Programmable Gate Array FPGA technologies, efficiently implement these optimizations on FPGAs.
- Provide demonstrations and proofs of concepts to highlight Intel FPGA capabilities.
- Lead the internal team technically, representing customer voice in influencing internal teams to continuously improve quality, usability and debuggability of our products.
8+ years of total experience inclusive of FPGA design and/or Applications experience:
- Experience with RTL programming languages (Verilog or System Verilog).
- Experience with FPGA development tools and environments - design, simulation, timing closure, implementation, and debug.
- Experience in system bring-up, debug, lab equipment.
- Experience in one or more high speed protocols (e.g. Ethernet, PCI Express, Video IP, Memory Interfaces (DDR4/5, LPDDR4/5)).
- Experience in scripting languages and automation (e.g. Python, PowerShell, TCL, etc.).
- Experience in working directly with customers
- Has strong ability to communicate and interact as a trusted technical advisor and subject matter expert to senior leaders (technical and managerial)
- BS/MS/PhD in Electronics, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Architecture, design, or implementation experience in 100G/200G Ethernet OR PCI Express Gen4/5 OR Video related IPs OR Memory Interfaces (DDR4/5, LPDDR4/5).
- Experience in Industrial Standard contribution. (e.g. driving new standard with IEEE, involve in DDR standards definition).