Sr. Principal Design Verification Engineer - FPGA
Picture yourself developing advanced electronic systems deployed to protect members of our armed services on some of the nation's most sophisticated aircraft. Pretty rewarding, right? And now imagine doing that job while working in a fast-paced environment using state-of-the-art tools and methodologies, all the while increasing your knowledge, growing your skills, and advancing your career.
BAE is looking for experienced senior level FPGA Design Verification Engineers who can plan, architect, and develop verification environments. Candidates will be given the opportunity to lead teams, mentor junior engineers, and contribute to the evolution of the company's verification processes and methodologies.
While in this job, you will:
- Plan, architect, develop, and use configurable, self-checking testbenches implemented in SystemVerilog/UVM and/or VHDL;
- Develop constrained-random, metric-driven test plans and strategies to verify FPGAs performing signal processing and control functions in Electronic Warfare systems;
- Collect and analyze coverage metrics, then use that information to improve the effectiveness of testcases;
- Enhance your leadership skills while leading small to medium sized DV teams
- Create reusable Verification IP to be shared across the organization;
- Drive changes to our process and methodologies.
- Enhance your DV skills as well as your knowledge of Electronic Warfare while working with subject matter experts;
- Mentor junior engineers across multiple U.S. locations
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 to 10 years work experience (or equivalent experience)
- Experience planning, architecting, developing, and using constrained random, self-checking testbenches in SystemVerilog/UVM, OVM, and/or VHDL
- Experience with FPGA/ASIC design and verification tools (Mentor Questa or Cadence)
- Proven track record of managing and executing to schedules, and driving tasks to closure. Candidates should also be comfortable multitasking because they may be asked to support multiple projects.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing test plans.
- Ablilty to work effectively in a multi-site or borderless environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
The following skills/experience are preferred, but not required:
- Digital Signal Processing
- Working knowledge of VHDL
- FPGA Design Experience
- Experience creating reusable Verification IP.
- Experience leading small to medium teams with accountability for cost, schedule, and quality
- Experience driving process.
- Demonstrated mentoring skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.