Staff Design Verification Engineer – Memory Controller
*Remote working opportunity available from Raleigh, NC*
Arm System IP enables designers to build Arm AMBA systems that are high performance, power efficient and reliable. Configurable for many different applications, System IP is the right choice for your system whether it is a high-efficiency IoT endpoint or a high-performance server SoC.
The collection of silicon proven interconnects, security IP, system controllers, debug and trace and IP tooling are all crafted, validated and optimized to be used with Arm Cortex processors and Arm Mali Multimedia IP. Built upon the open AMBA interface standard, Arm System IP provides design teams with the foundation for building better systems.
As a Design Verification Engineer, you would responsible for one or more functional units of the Memory Controller while working closely with performance modeling, validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements and performance, power, area (PPA) goals.
- Develop SystemVerilog/UVM testbenches for unit level focusing on Memory Controller verification.
- Build and maintain detailed verification plans.
- Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models.
- Debug functional errors in the RTL model using simulation and debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the microarchitecture.
- Define and implement functional coverage.
- Promote and demonstrate the Arm Core Beliefs and Behaviors.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience in microprocessor, SoC, memory controller and/or interconnect IP design and verification
- Proficiency in scripting languages - Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of assertion-based languages such as SystemVerilog Assertions
- Experience with CPU or compute subsystem memory micro-architecture
- Knowledge of DRAM specification (e.g., LPDDR4/5, DDR4/5), bus protocols (e.g., AMBA5 CHI, AMBA4 ACE or AXI)
- Processor system knowledge including basic understanding of SoC systems as well as operating system software
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is redefining the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our sophisticated, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.