Staff Performance Engineer - System IP
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated and innovative engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
The Budapest System IP team has a track record of numerous successful deliveries, we have an open and relaxed culture where best-in-class, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds System IP components used in future client, embedded and IoT devices.
At our Budapest-based design center, you will join a hardworking team. You will contribute to the specification, microarchitecture and RTL design of performant, energy efficient and secure IP components.
You will use novel technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Join and let's invent the future together!
- Own and develop performance models for System IP, understand how hardware features affect performance
- Analyse design performance, identifying design issues and improving the correlation of models against RTL
- Work closely with engineers across design, verification, and implementation and applications engineering to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
Required Skills and Experience :
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred, Bachelor's degree along with shown related experience may be substituted
- Minimum 2 years of post-degree work experience in RTL and microarchitecture design and/or applications development, C++ and assembly development
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Strong at C++ programming for large-scale software development and experience with RTL/emulation performance analysis and correlation.
- Experience of block level RTL design and verification for non-trivial ASIC (or FPGA) developments; SystemVerilog preferred
- Experience with performance analysis and debug tools and applications, including perf()
- Familiarity with the Arm AMBA specifications or other bus protocols
- Scripting, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and customer meetings
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in Hungary including private medical insurance, 25 days of annual leave, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.