Staff SOC Design Engineer
San Francisco, CAApply Now!
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for an SOC design engineer to build the next generation autonomous vehicle platform. In this role, you will work closely with SOC architects and software architects to define features, write module level and subchips level micron-architecture specification. Your responsibility includes RTL coding, IP integration, synthesis and static timing analysis. You will also work closely with verification engineers to verify the design and involve in silicon validation.
What you’ll be doing:
Responsible for SoC Frontend design
Own and Work on Ethernet networking subsystem design
Define micro-architecture specifications
RTL coding using system Verilog and/or Verilog
Perform feasibility study on different third party IPs and integrate IPs at SOC level.
Closely work with Verification team and help define testplans and run tests and debug design
Run Lint, CDC, Synthesis and formal verification tools and closely work with Backend team on floorplan, Constraints definition and timing analysis
Support FPGA prototyping
Post-silicon system bring-up
Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
What you must have:
BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
10 + Years proven experience in SOC/ASIC Front-End design
Must have direct experience working on Ethernet networking ASIC/system design.
Track record of first-pass success in ASIC Development
Experience in writing Microarchitecture specification, one or more HDL language (System Verilog, Verilog), and one or more scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl, Shell-scripting)
Experience with SoC design methodologies that involve running ASIC Front-End simulation tool, and synthesis, Lint, CDC and STA design tool.
Solid understanding in digital design that involves multiple clock domains, clock power management and low power design, tools and methodologies including power intent UPF specifications
Knowledge of DDR Interface, PCIe, Ethernet, MIPI, AXI bus, Image/Video processing, ARM CPU and AMBA bus protocols.
Knowledge of low speed system peripheral bus
Excellent communication and documentation skills
Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
The salary range for this position is $170,000 - 250,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and life insurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.